Finally had a moment to comment on this excellent story. Please, don't stop writing it! grovel

“There is no one. The people have allowed Kal-El to lead us through this war but he does not have their trust. He has had no time to build report with them and his manner has always been considered strange. They follow him for your sake and for Jor-El’s.”

Zara scoffed. “They would not care if he died. Why should they care if we sent him home?”

A hand touched his - Zara’s – warm and comforting. “I am so sorry, Clark. You’ve given so much for us. I only wish we could give you what you most desire.”

It is a pity they couldn't send him home. Clark has sacrificed so much for a people who, as a group, do not appreciate him. On that fact alone he should go home whether or not the Council 'approves' of such an action. On the other hand, leaving those same people during a war would be very difficult. He has a tender heart and cannot bear for anyone to suffer. Pity the people cannot see that about him.

Lois looked at her lap and bit her lip. When she looked up again, her eyes were set with determination. “Just how extensive were your injuries?”

Clark hesitated, looking between her and his parents. He wasn’t sure he ought to share all the details with them. They didn’t need to know. He shook his head. “It doesn’t matter. I’m fully healed now and after a few days in the sun, even the scars will –”

"Clark.” Lois stared at him hard. She wanted to know and she wasn’t going to stop asking until he told her, no matter how much it hurt her to hear it.

Good for Lois and the Kents! Make him talk about these experiences! It will help him adjust to life back on Earth much quicker by opening up to them. This will also mean that Jor-El will have an 'easier' time adjusting to his new situation. Looking forward to reading those segments that you found easier to write! I hope the next installment is soon!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.