Hi Sara!

I’ll be doing these piecemeal.

Chapter 1
if you’re lost on some of the exotic phrases used in this story =D

Chapter 1:
/checks glossary/

The cabin was dark and silent, with the exception of those who slept, lightly snoring. Lois Lane watched her partner Clark Kent
Aaaand my mind invited Mayson to join the party.

A couple of times his glasses had almost fallen off and Lois had instinctively reached out to push them up his nose.
What’s happening with Superman? And It’s cute that Lois just has to reset his glasses.

After all, surely he took them off to sleep in his bed, but somehow she knew he wouldn’t want them removed here in this artificial setting.
Are they on a celebrity Big Brother show?

She was glad she got the window seat, and grateful that the Boeing 767
Oh, they’re in a metal death tube. /checks title/ Doh! I was completely stuck at cabin=cabin in the woods or possibly a container for a Big Brother show.

She didn’t mind climbing over Clark if she needed to go to the bathroom, but it would have been awkward with a complete stranger sitting there.
Yes, kicking him out of the seat on the way past is a lot of hassle.

The trip they were on was business, and not pleasure.
Champagne in business class instead of nookie in the mile high club?

And yet somehow, it made her nervous to be on a seven hour flight to Europe with Clark Kent –
/cocks eyebrow/

a man she had once thought of as little more than an annoyance, but who was now occupying far more space in her head than was strictly necessary.
Ooooh, fun phrasing!

And it was all his fault. He’d asked her out. On a date. A real, honest-to-goodness date a couple of weeks ago, and if it hadn’t been for Lex Luthor’s re-appearance, they might have gone on that date.
Ah, there it is. Also, I probably should mark down a Phoenix fetish in the GTA notes wink Or is it a sequel to Pearl Jam?

Lois honestly wasn’t sure if the date being canceled was a blessing or a curse. She couldn’t picture the two of them at a Pearl Jam concert.
/points at aforementioned fic/
You know, I’m now extremely saddened to not having gotten to it sooner. I have to imagine that at this point I would have re-confirmed my style-based guess.

And yet, she’d agreed to go because…well, if she was honest with herself, it was because she wanted to go on a date with him.
So, not because she lost a bet, because he paid top dollar, or because she needed a favor?

she’d been slowly waking up to the realisation that her feelings for her partner were much more than simple platonic friendship.
Ooooh

. And though she knew Superman to be the very embodiment of nobility, honour and integrity, he didn’t make her laugh the way Clark did.
Not even when he catches a banana pie aimed at her with his face?

Superman didn’t show up at her apartment late at night with movies and pizza.
He could, if she asked nicely.

He didn’t make her coffee every morning, or smile at her in a way that let her know she was the only person in the room.
And now he spent the night and is just making her breakfast in her kitchen.

Superman belonged to the world.
She shouldn’t say that out loud. Women might get the wrong idea.

. If there had been any ambiguity as to what Clark felt for her, most of those doubts had been chased away.
/traces coke bottle shape/ wa-wa-woom!

She’d felt, in that moment, as if he wanted to touch her, wanted to run his hands along her body and kiss her in a way she’d only fantasized about.
devil

Why he wasn’t affected, she would never know, but it hardly mattered.
One could either mention bombs or Lois’s homecooked meals.

Northern Ireland to cover the Queen’s very first appearance there since the IRA and Loyalists had agreed to a ceasefire earlier that year.
peep

Perry had been initially surprised. After all, Lois normally balked at these sorts of human interest stories, calling them “puff pieces” or worse.
Yes, but this story has the potential of a royal assassination plot getting foiled by Superman. You don’t see those every day. Not even in Metropolis.

place as romantic as Belfast with her partner.
At first I was confused. You never hear those two words together. Then, of course, Patrick O’Sullivan! Lois is gonna introduce Clark to her old boyfriend and show him the place where she stopped being a v…ery patient teenager.

It was the perfect place for the two of them to have their official first date, though Clark didn’t know it yet. Lois felt it was a better idea for her to take the initiative this time, lest she find that Clark had bought them tickets to see Metallica for their next attempt.
rotflol he just tries to offer a different dating experience than she has with Lex.

. She promised to get some interviews from the locals and to do a more rounded look at the response to the Queen’s visit if they flew in a day earlier.
laugh They could do Rome and Paris next.

Perry had been impressed with her initiative, but really she’d just wanted time for just the two of them. After all, they had to have some time for themselves.
She does realize there’s no journalistic awards offered for stories on reporters bedding Superman, doesn’t she?

And though there was a small part of her that was nervous about the fact that they had two adjoining rooms booked at the Europa Hotel,
The hotel didn’t have a double? Do they at least have a connecting door?

Instead, Perry had booked them on a flight to Glasgow where they would be boarding a local flight to Belfast. It was certainly not ideal considering they’d already spent seven hours on a flight, but Lois was not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.
Do they have time to visit Dismal Downs and tour Castle MacDuck?

She suddenly wondered what he looked like without them and at the same time, something inside her told her she already knew, though for the life of her she couldn’t remember ever seeing him without them.
laugh

. Surely she must have. After all, they’d known each other for almost two full years.
It’s not like she’s seen him naked, either.

LOIS: aahhmmm…

No, that doesn’t count. It was nine, not naked.

But now, as the plane began its descent she could feel the weariness enveloping her like a blanket and looked forward to the moment when she could lay her head down on the fresh, cool hotel pillow for some much needed sleep.
Awww… also, it’s why you take the red eye to Europe. Sleep through the night. Get to the new timezone reasonably fresh.

See you in chapter 2!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.