Hi 90stvfangirl!
Ohh hi, this is my first attempt at posting a fic on here.
Welcome! So great to see you posting here, too smile1

“I just need you to show him the ropes.”

Lois scowled across the desk at her boss. “I feel like I’m being replaced.”
There was already that warning about a sad ending on Discord. So, I might be scared while reading peep

Is this the pilot? Or a grown-up Lois worrying about fresh blood?

and then I’ll ship him back to the, uh…” Perry shuffled around on his desk until he found the paper, a résumé, he was looking for. “Smallville Press,” he read.
Pilot. With a twist!

PERRY: The suits told me I had to make changes. The insurance premiums were through the roof. Lois hunting stories was no longer sustainable.

. “If he proves himself, maybe we could keep him on…”

Lois opened her mouth to protest.

“I said if, Lois.”
Very cute style clap

. He adjusted his glasses and fiddled with his tie nervously as Jimmy talked his ear off, Cat standing close by, preening and fanning herself.
Ohhhhh! Next GTA, you’ll join us in playing, right?

“Lois, you’re the best reporter I’ve got, you know that! But we both know that in another couple of weeks you’re going to have another priority.”

Lois patted her mid-section and scowled once again. “You sound like my husband.”
jawdrop thud who did they drag out of Smallville? Or is Clark too late and Lois is married to Lex?

Lois sighed wearily. “You still can’t accept him? Even now, that I’m…” She looked down at her huge belly. “Well…”
It does sound like Lex.

“You trust me, right? My judgment?” Lois tried not to sound hurt.
/points again at previously mentioned insurance premiums /

“He wants me to work at LNN, you know? I keep turning him down, but maybe…” Lois trailed off, absently rubbing at her swollen belly. “Maybe after I have the baby,” she finished quietly.
shock help

DANIEL: Working as a news anchor is much safer.

The new guy looked like a deer in headlights, backing up into the coffee machine, smiling politely as Cat advanced on him.
laugh

Perry stood, reaching out to touch her arm gently. “You will always have a place here, Lois. You know that.”
Yes, especially when she brings back the inside scoop.

Lois shook her head, pulling away from Perry. “What’s this guy’s name again? Kent?”

“Clark. Clark Kent.”

The end?
(sorry…)
Hey!

Also, No one died. party

We had other stories that started out like that. Except Lois wasn’t pregnant. Zoomway even wrote a fun one in the wee early days. You just need to get over the squick factor of 50 y/o Lex with a 25 y/o Lois.

Great debut clap now, about that sequel/continuation everyone is pestering you about…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.