Final chapter is here.

I finally get to add some notes! I haven't wanted to throughout the fic, just to let it read as is.

A huge thank you to Blueowl for being a very patient beta, correcting my thousands of comma errors, and providing some great insight to many conundrums I faced.

Another thank you to the pocket friends on the Discord chat. So many conversations about seemingly insignificant items that pop up for a sentence but required research and discussion, along with a laugh about chronic overthinking.

Finally, thank you for reading along. I hope you enjoyed this time traveling tale.

For those who are interested, my thoughts for writing this piece are in the spoiler tags....

This whole thing started while I was watching HoL for the rewatch back in February of this year. While taking notes, an idea began to form. I shoved it to the back burner but it wouldn't leave me alone. A month later I started teasing the ending, the image of a time traveling Lois watching the reunion between the younger Lois and Clark and realizing she'd set the timeline right. I wrote the last two chapters in one weekend, the first two chapters over the following week, and then struggled to get the two ends to meet.

HoL, while not my favourite episode, is up there in my top five, mostly because there are so many holes in it for fanfic to fill in, also as there are so many fantastic stories that spin from this episode. I had a crazy idea to try to deal with a few of the plot holes with this older, wiser, Lois, meddling in her own past. How did Jack escape juvie? How did Clark escape the cage? Where did Henderson go?

I tried. It's possibly tied for my favourite fic I've done so far (the other is another HoL story grin ) and I hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by Toomi8; 12/06/23 11:24 PM.