Oooh! I like this a lot!

I watch my mother as she contemplates my words and I’m waiting for the inevitable pep talk to convince me to go through with the wedding. Instead, she sighs and nods, surprising me.

“It’s wiser to stop this now than to go through a lengthy and costly divorce. Trust me. Let's get you out of this dress,” she suggests.

Phyllis Coates portrayal of Ellen Lane was my favorite on the series. Her grit and determination is clearly seen when Lois talks to her about marrying Lex. It is a shame the showrunners did not ask her back. She seemed more like Lois' mother than how Beverly Garland played her.

As I speak, I take off the engagement ring and hold it out to him. He looks enraged and his face starts to turn red. Lex snatches the ring from my hand, and, in my surprise, I almost drop it. I hadn’t been expecting him to acquiesce so quickly.

“You will regret this,” he snarls as he walks out of the room.

Brrr! The chill of Lex's words come off the page. He was more concerned about how his being jilted would look to his cronies than Lois' feelings!

Bobby doesn’t even look at me. “Go pack.”

Yikes. Lois, don't argue with the man...pack!

Okay, so now, where in the world is Clark? shock

Yup, this is a cool fic, what is your posting schedule?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.