Aww, thanks for the credit. I don't think I did that much, but glad to help. smile

Great job with the edits, though. And, of course, with the original part.

I love the paragraph about the box under Lois's bed. That'd just beautiful.

Taking the picture... Really WAFFy. Wonderful touch.

"pulsing soul." I still don't know what that means, exactly, but I still love it.

lol about the X-ray vision! Poor Lois...

... Then again, it does have its advantages, at times. The key, Lois, is to X-ray the right people...

Speaking of which... poor young Clark!

"What could you *possibly* need that's more important than this?" he bawled after her as she raced towards the stairwell.

<Clark.>
Woo! Love this, too. It wasn't what she was originally thinking, but it's so much more true.

"Your *dad*?" Her eyes were incredulous - probably trying to reconcile the image of Jonathan Kent, Kindly Small-town Farmer, with the image of Jonathan Kent, Paranoid Parent with Debatable Methods of Preaching his Beliefs to his Only Son.
You know, it's not often that Clark's parents are included in the revelation shock, but I love it when they are. And this is just really well done.

(Hee. Roald Dahl. laugh )

(Perry's boxers. laugh )

She shook her head. "How did you manage it?" she asked, her voice a whisper. "I saw the LNN footage of that... and of you. You looked... destroyed. How did you come into work after that? How did you not... fall apart?"

"These," he said softly, and reached over to pick up his glasses. "I hid behind these."
So not what I was expecting him to say, yet so right...

And the scene that follows it... Who Clark is, what Superman is, what they showed Lois, etc... Familliar territory, but you have this fresh way with it. I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you do!

And then, just as we seem to be settling into a familiar groove... *pow* Kryptonian soul mates telepathy! Brilliant! It's out of nowhere, but it makes so much sense, and it cuts through so much potential... stuff, and... brilliant!

"There's nothing out there." Her voice sad. "Sit down. You're not getting out of this."

He looked at her, his jaw hanging open.

"Sit!"

He sat.
Good Clark! Now roll over! Okay, Lois, scratch his tummy...

Sorry.

But... wow. I am so looking forward to seeing more of this. (What do you mean, there may only be one more part?? *pout*)

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.