This is a beautiful finale to a very inventive and intriguing series of short stories. I know you started with a little flight of fancy that took off and developed a life of its own, but you've handled the entire story arc very well. You slipped in little bits of humor to relieve the tension while you brought us along on Clark's journey from involuntary street performer to renowned superhero.

You also showed us how Lois Lane grew from a slightly bitter skeptic about both magic and love to a warm-hearted woman who is more than willing to share the innermost parts of herself with a good man, someone she no longer believed existed. The proverb that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step is shown here to be true. They each traveled their own difficult roads to a shared destination, one which shows so much promise for the future. And I'm glad they're both cautiously considering making their relationship permanent.

One wonders if you plan to submit these little slices of their lives as separate stories or as one longer tale. I'll look for it on the archive soon.

Thank you, Barbara. Keep up the excellent work.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing