Hi Morgana!
Weather of this type often calls up fun memories of ice skates, lost mittens, and hot cups of chocolate generously spiced with cinnamon, freshly ground nutmeg, and topped with frothy, white whipped cream.
Your trademark scene setting clap

friends Molly Flynn and Abrihet Klein entering the apartment.
Oh, a sequel to the Nigerian princess universe?

women were laden with all manner of baking equipment for their unsuspecting friend to use. Tonight was going to be more than the usual ‘girls night’ in. For these were members of Lois Lane’s bridal party.
Inducting her to secrets of home making?

When Clark gets back he’s going to be so surprised his bride can actually cook!”
CLARK: Oh, no. Not again with the frogs…

“Don’t worry Mrs. Kent, I’m standing by in case of emergencies!” Molly Flynn said happily.
Also, the fire department has an emergency signal wired to Lois’s apartment ever since that kitchen fire of ‘92 that nearly took out three city blocks.

We agreed to eat something dangerous and indulgent.
laugh

Abrihet’s eyebrow went up and she said, “Mon aimee, you departed work …. early?”
She’s sick. Coming down with something. Better call the CDC.

When Jonathan, Ethan and I sit down to table and ladle up big bowls of stew along with fluffy yeast rolls just out of the oven all that waiting is worth it!” Curious, Lois said while tentatively measuring the baking powder, “Who’s Ethan?
Well done!

It was nearly forty minutes later that the oven timer dinged; Lois ignored the sound. She wasn’t used to hearing it. Besides, Dr. Richard Kimble had just confronted Sam Gerard in the tunnel under the reservoir. How could she walk away now?
Oops?

the rough movements caused the cake to split straight down the middle.
Oops.

She hoped and prayed that her fiancé had such a support system on New Krypton.
Awww, thanks for sharing a sweet chapter!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.