The high ankle white runners with ruffle down socks Clark wears at the beginning are a flashback in fashion!

Bo is wearing a Nike shirt. Was he sponsored by Nike? I think it's the first time we see a product placement in the series.

Metropolitan - name of a hotel in the city.

Linda says it's been six years from graduation putting Lois at 28? (assuming 4 years of university).

We learn about Paul and how Lois thought a great story would help this guy fall for her. Linda steals the story and Paul begins to date Linda. Lois says Paul dumped her implying there was more to that relationship than just a crush.

Lois blows up when Clark asks if she's worried Linda is trying to steal a guy again. She tries to cover with the 'you are my partner' spiel. Does Lois acknowledge her feelings for Clark on a small scale at this point?

Linda mentions Paul's last name (Bender?)

I'm presuming the story was published the following day and Linda has already taken a new job, already having sold the story of Preston's fall. There should be a follow up fic where Lois sees the movie with Linda playing her...