#1 Kingdom Keepers 6 - Dark Passage by Ridley Pearson

The Keepers continue their efforts to battle the Overtakers aboard the Disney Dream cruise ship, including a desperate attempt to stop the OTs from waking Chernabog, the most evil villain Walt Disney ever created.

Still enjoying the series, but I'll admit I'm very over the cruise storyline. I miss seeing the Keepers running around the parks that I so dearly love.

#2 The Trials of Apollo - The Lost Oracle by Rick Riordan

The god Apollo is banished to Earth in the form of a gawky teenager. He meets a young street urchin named Meg and makes his way to Camp Half-Blood, where he is tasked with a quest to save the Oracles that have fallen into enemy hands since the war with the Titans.

I'll admit it - I love Rick Riordan books. I don't care that they are young adult books, the blending of mythology with the modern world is intoxicating and even Apollo's less than enjoyable nature is made palatable by the wonderful humor injected into his viewpoint. I can't wait to read more.

#3 Almost There by Farrah Rochon

What if Tiana had made a deal with Dr. Facilier in The Princess and the Frog? And what if it was now time to pay the price for that deal?

I enjoyed this one, I think mostly because of how true all of the characters rang. I also liked how it wasn't a random coincidence alternate dimension kind of thing, but that everything that happened was a direct result of a decision Tiana made in the original story.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon