No matter how many times I watch this episode, the moments between Cat and Clark will never be easy to watch. He's clearly uncomfortable and she continues to throw herself at him.

I laugh every time when Lois wants to kiss Clark. He's stunned, then gets right into the kiss, only to be still befuddled when Lois starts attacking Trask's men. Takes Clark a hot second or two to catch up with his surroundings. When they reunite in the newsroom, he's quite touchy-feely with Lois, as though he's still hopeful the kiss was a kiss and not just a subterfuge. Is there any fanfic based on that kiss? Lois realizes Clark's good at kissing, Clark can't shake the memory of his lips on hers.... This might be my favourite moment too...

As for the look directly into the camera... That one hasn't bothered me before. I've always interpreted it as him looking where he was going. I've seen some before in other fandoms that really stuck out like a sore thumb. It's odd, it technically breaks the fourth wall, and probably would have worked much better if he'd been looking just off the camera.