Hi Lynn!

It’s your fault for making them so short that I can do multiple stories during my commute smile1

The 19th century was grimy and deadly. Tempus
Hello, Asylum Tempus wave

but he was stuck here in Wells’ flat, killing time waiting for the author to finish the latest repairs on the time machine.
Did Tempus pull a McFly and visit the time traveling science guy at his workshop early in his career?

What he would give to be watching some twentieth century TV show – even an inane comedy!
Maybe if he found himself a mirror?

What hideous taste! Why, just look at that oil lamp.
Umm… you my want to refrain from rubbing the time traveler’s … oil lamp in his living room.

His eyes widened when he saw the lamp emit a puff of smoke from which appeared a small man with a funny hat.
See? Unwanted surprise could spill out if you rub it. Now, let’s hope he doesn’t wish he hadn’t seen his reflection in the lamp. He might end up blind.

Entertainment in the twenty-second century had been reduced to the drivel of fairy tales, and so Tempus had an inkling of what might be happening. “Oh, goodie. I get three wishes.”
laugh and no, those were cautionary tales on the dangers of kobolds, djinns, and leprechauns.

But a lamp like this – it even comes with a built-in fireplace. A perfect place for an imp like me.”
clap

Judge Kcsvkjht ordered that I have to grant the lamp’s bearer one wish.”
rotflol

Mxyzptlk gMxyzptlk granted Tempus his wish; he conjured up a hologram showing Clark grinning while watching the events of the past few minutes as depicted on the “I Dream of Mxy” television programme.
clap

Tempus thought of his earlier desire to watch a show; he did NOT appreciate the irony.
But we do. We certainly do!

As to the title: I almost missed it because the was no coding involved in the story, only in the story-reading equipment itself, but feedback on said story-reading equipment belongs in another publication. Anyhow, yes, then you could have a do over with the debugger. Then again, it could also be more literal and refer to Tempus’s wish now being a TV program.

You pulled another funny one out of your magical top hat clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.