Hi Mary,

And now for the next (final???) piece of the puzzle…

“I caught him playing baseball with himself!”
Considering that thinking about baseball is a common activity when trying to keep the temperature of the date at manageable levels, I can’t believe what they’re talking about here.

“A solo baseball game, huh?” Lois smiled at Clark,
rotflol Yes, Clark played a lot of solo games before Lois actually went through with marrying the guy. I’m not sure how this a dinner conversation with Batman, though.

CLARK: I don’t think I want to remember things anymore.

“It was back in…hmm, must have been ’93, since me and Iris were engaged and I was still getting the hang of…” He paused, glancing at the faces around the table, and visibly forced himself to relax. “Well, of being the Flash.”
Oh, Bruce caught Barry playing solo while engaged to Iris.

CLARK: No visuals please.

the flash,
/psst/ uppercase.

and it wasn’t like I could just have a criminal rob a bank onstage then foil him in front of them.
The criminal could take the children hostage, demanding ransom from the city and dipping one child every 15 minutes into a vat of acid.

BARRY: I will not rent one of Batman’s villains.
If I didn’t notice at the last minute that there was still one guy there.”
Oh, it was Clark after all who played solo.

“And that was your first thought after stumbling upon Superman in his civilian identity?” Bruce asked.
Yeah, isn’t Iris a reporter, too? Superman’s secret identity should be at least a page three story in the Central City Herald.

“Please be—” Lois began, but her words were lost in a slammed door and rushing wind as he strove to overtake the speedster.
Boys…

Recovering old memories would be nice, but making new ones was sure to be much more fun!
LOIS: meanwhile, I’m at home. In bed. Alone.

So, is it truly done now? Or just waiting for something challenging? Because this was fun!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.