Hi Cuidadora,

Thank you for the feedback. smile

Of course, how could I forget the automobile? I guess it has become such an integral part of modern life that it hadn't even occurred to me. If your relative had lived to be an extremely old age and saw how computers are used, I wonder whether he would have said that the computer (and related technology, including the Internet) rivaled the automobile as a surprise in his lifetime. I would certainly say it is the technological surprise of mine. When I first programmed a computer way back in 1981, I would never in my wildest of fantasies have imagined how integral to all aspects of life its descendants would become. At the time, I never even saw the computer itself; I programmed it via a teletype that was connected to it. I still remember my excitement at seeing my first monitor a couple of years later, and again my near-ecstasy when I saw my first demo of a full screen editor. Yup, I'm showing my age here. (I missed punch cards by one year. To this day, I have mixed feelings about that. A part of me is glad not to have had to deal with them, but another part of me wishes I had had the experience of doing so.)

Joy,
Lynn