She was still on staff at The Daily Planet, but as a special contributor it had been years since she’d covered things like local house fires as a beat reporter.

She shook her head with chagrin when instead of a tape recorder, her hand closed around her iphone.

Love the details about the books and this, grounding us in the ... well, not exactly present, but closer to our reality than the show was. smile

Lois tapped her thumb on the end recording button. Before she could say anything else, he dropped his voice to a volume only she could hear and whispered. “I have to get back to work. See you at six?”

I loved this when I first read it because... aww sweet moment... butnow that I know the end of this part... mecry

She tossed a wave at Jimmy, sitting at the desk that had once been hers, talking on the phone and taking notes. He nodded in acknowledgment but never stopped scribbling.

Love this detail and that she now has a private office. Things are different but still familiar enough to be comfortable. (Until the end of this part...)

parents were fined a dollar for every minute they were late. A couple of dollars would not break her budget, but the principle of it galled her. She despised being late.

Bahaha! I agree, Lois!

“Keep dreaming,” Lois said before she could even close the door.

“That’s not fair!” Mattie protested. “Hannah’s mom lets her ride in the front seat. See?” Mattie gestured with her arm to the sleek red BMW where her friend was currently climbing into the passenger seat.

Lois bit back a retort about friends and jumping off bridges that apparently came pre-programmed into the brains of all women and activated once they became mothers.

Haha, I love this, all of it! And I love the description of the children, so very Lois and Clark, but in their own way. smile

lunchbox on the counter where she wouldn’t forget to empty it and leave it to fester until Monday morning. Not that she ever did that. Never.

Haha! I've never either... whistle

She unlocked two deadbolts and a lock on the handle before swinging it wide to reveal her ex husband, red cape and tights replaced by a button down shirt, sweater vest, khakis, and horn rimmed glasses.

“Hi,” Clark said politely. “Are the kids ready?”

This kills me on so many levels! whingingwhingingwhingingwhingingwhingingwhingingwhingingwhinging

Ex... whinging and that clearly it's been long enough that they're politely civil and...and...they're just acting so normal, like it's part of their normal routine. And...and...that's not okay! whingingwhingingwhinging And what happened? And why do they both seem to be "okay" about it?? (I mean, obviously they're not... they can't be... else we wouldn't have a story... right? But still!)

Hopping off to the next part... during which I'll hope to feel better, but I know I'll just feel worse, won't I?

Sara (who, as much as she cries about it, does love angst as long as the toys are fixed at the end...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.