This is really good, DC. I like the idea of a Luthor-like character who isn't Zod destroying Krypton with a sense of satisfaction and vindication. And I loved the "That's not a moon!" moment between Lara and Jor-El. To me, it's perfectly reasonable that Jor-El would tell his son a different story as to why Krypton no longer exists. He'd hate for Kal-El to grow up focusing on getting his own revenge, especially since Jor-El doesn't know who's killing them and can't give him any useful information at all.

And Clark will never know. The only one with the whole story went down with his beloved Death Star. Yay for the rebellion! You saved the Last Son of Krypton from becoming a bitter, obsessed man with a self-assigned lifetime mission of vengeance against the murderer of his people. The murderer of Krypton is dead and Kal-El has no clue.

Although it might be interesting to have seen a Super-Rebel zooming in and cutting star destroyers into tiny pieces. He could have taken out Darth Vader and Palpatine earlier, too, although that would have invalidated the Chapters 5 and 6. Maybe in the next "what-if" tale...?

Good job! Very inventive and imaginative, with plenty of detail and a good POV mix. Boo on Tarkin! Grand Muff, not Moff, if you ask me.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing