My thanks to the four of you who have taken the time to leave feedback and to extend good wishes.

I think Lois's idea of "retirement" is being able to chase down the stories of her choosing with no deadlines other than those she imposes upon herself. Well, that plus helping with the grandkids. After all, as I can attest first-hand, when you have children with special needs, it is hard to find qualified people to help, and the more numerous and the more major the special needs, the fewer qualified people exist. I would say that any child having Kryptonian blood has about as specialized a "special need" as there can be, and the only people to whom their parents could entrust them with complete confidence would be those who know The Secret. And that would mean that Lois and Clark would probably be doing a lot more sitting than they might have done had Clark been human.

Of course, I could see Lois investigating while rocking the younger kids to sleep and taking them on games of "Let's learn things!" as they got older. (I can only imagine how challenging those kids would be to teach in a public school as they got older. The best teachers would embrace the challenge with delight; the not-so-good ones would dread it.)

Joy,
Lynn