Clark’s face entered her thoughts and instinct told her which of those memories were right.

Go with your instincts, Lois! [Linked Image]

“I think I might be … pregnant,” she said hoping she sounded sincere.

Brilliant excuse! [Linked Image]

She sucked in a breath as Lex came back in carrying her bathrobe and the plate of food from earlier. He set them down on the counter.

Lex, trying to be solicitous. Not sure what's on that breakfast tray, but apparently it never occurred to him there could be an association between bringing the tray close to her in the other room and her immediate stomach upset. wallbash

Two months. This time he’d made it longer than at any of the rest of his previous jobs. Deep down, he knew that he wasn’t cut out for this job. Lois had pointed that much out more than two years ago.

Oh, Clark! mecry Your life is just [Linked Image]

Would his dad send him away again if he went home now?

The false memories have deliberately (my first guess) or inadvertently contributed to Clark feeling even more alone with what he at least sees as loss of -- or perhaps he believes he never had -- Martha and Jonathan's unconditional automatic love and support. Lex, you've caused a rift in the parent-child relationship here. [Linked Image]

I have a feeling that when their memories return you'll find you've awakened not only Mad Dog Lane, but also Mama and Papa Bear Kent.

Another excellent chapter.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly