Hi all,

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the "Off Topic" folder; strictly speaking, it is off topic, but its relevance to L&C (and therefore the reason I am posting this at all, let alone in this folder) should nevertheless be obvious.

This past Monday, I had cataract removal surgery. The doctor also put in a lens so that I now have good distance vision for the first time in nearly half a century. My other eye will have the surgery next month. In the meantime, just call me "three eyes." In order to be able to see distance properly, I have removed the from my glasses lens for the eye that had had surgery.

So now I am walking around with glasses with only one lens. A few time this past week, my surgery has come up in conversation, and I illustrated my new status by poking my finger through the glasses frame where the removed lens used to be. Without exception, everyone who saw this was surprised and hadn't realized until then that the one lens had been removed.

People really do see what they want to see rather than what is actually there, especially when glasses are involved...

Joy,
Lynn