So, it will be pretty obvious from the get go that Clark never actually leaves. Still, it has to be believable. I know in some of the comics he was able to travel between earth and Pluto a matter of minutes. But you're right that doesn't fit with the show and so far it totally does. (I did already have his supplied with air, in liquid form to save space, for a longer trip)

My secondary idea of S.T.A.R. Labs having something that helps him travel faster stopped seeming like a good idea when I thought about how they really aren't that much further technologically than we are and faster than light travel is still out of our reach...

But then there is the other question I've been toying with... Is Superman subject to laws of general relativity?

Again, he's not actually making the trip, But the plot line in a good one and I don't want to change it because I can't see it making sense another way....

Alas.

I'm doing this as part of NaNoWriMo and my goal is to finish it by Friday. I'm sure it will all work out eventually as every other plot hole has worked itself out so far.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.