Hi Mary!

He'd spent all night falling from various heights, only to land in the same stinking dumpster over and over again!
Maybe he should have replaced the dumpster with a nice, clean slab of concrete?

Even his vision powers remained mostly inaccessible, save for one mishap that cost him a curtain.
good thing he wears leaded glass around Lois. Otherwise, Susanne would not be pleased.

but the feel of tights under his clothes just had him wriggling uncomfortably as he walked to work, drawing stares from passers-by as he looked like he was trying to do some kind of interpretive dance!
Better that than if he was standing in the subway next to some reasonably young woman and readjusting his suit to adjust his other suit.

Worst of all, though, was when he tried to find consolation with his so-called “girlfriend” just a few minutes ago. The gossip columnist had assured him that they were an item. He didn't know if she knew about his other identity, but surely she could at least lend a sympathetic ear for some of his other woes?
Yeah, no. She’d only be up to some other… sympathetic stuff.

He'd bared his soul, telling her how lost he felt in his own life without his memories, how disoriented he was by this undercurrent of strange and disconnected emotions running through his head, and how terrified he was that he might be facing a serious or even permanent problem!

Then, she'd told him she'd lied.
rotflol The old, ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ speech, huh?

She grinned. “An investigation! We're going to find Superman!”

Oh. Joy.
You know, Michel is really no fun. Clark would be all over the idea of leading Lois on yet another wild goose chase where she should make a galactically stupid fool of herself.

“Come over to my office. I have something to show you that I think you'll really...appreciate.”
Oh, she got new underwear she hopes to model for him?

Susanne's office was almost a counterpoint to the one he'd been told was his; everything in it seemed to have been placed with precision. Long shelves of neatly-arranged rocks and crystals laddered the wall behind her desk, with neat, hand-written labels showing where and when each piece had been collected. Her desk itself had nothing on it except for a small box, much like the one his currently unanalyzed samples were packed in.
jawdrop Did she switch their offices?

She strode into the tiny room, snatched the box up, and held it toward him. “Do you want to guess what's inside?” she asked, grinning.
Oooh! Oooh! Pick me! Pick me! /places down a fiver on ‘glow green crystal’/

“How dense was the asteroid?”
About half the density of a Kryptonian skull.

“There's a difference between trying to strike a giant dirt-clod or a giant mass of solid platinum.
Yes, the platinum one you will want to transport piecemeal to Earth to sell later on for the kids’ college fund.

Flecks of red and green sparkled against the dull gray of the asteroid sample.
Ooop?

Susanne tipped the rock out into her hand. “Oh! It's heavier than it looks!” She started to smile at him, but then suddenly looked down at the rock again. With a surprisingly unladylike imprecation, she shoved the sample back into the box and closed the lid.
Oh, she already put two and two together back in the day? Sorry, been a while blush

“Michel?”

Clark looked up at Susanne, who was now watching him with a concerned expression. “I'm sorry,” he told her. “I...need to go.”
Oh, looky there. He got his marbles back. And Susanne didn’t even have to get naked. Sorry for figuring it out way back when [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.