Originally Posted by Morgana
"No, it doesn't," she finally said. "I would have done the same thing, if I were you. If I'd had a contact within the Planet, I absolutely would have enlisted their help in securing the internship. Besides, we've done a couple of investigations together. You're more than capable as a reporter. I've met others with far more years of experience than you have who, well...let's just say that I'm amazed they can tie their own shoelaces, let alone act as a reliable news source."

For Lois, this is a HUGE compliment. I have no doubt in her time as a reporter she has seen lots of folks who got where they were because of who they know, not what. It seems as if she and Clark are moving nicely into a comfortable relationship. So much better than in canon!

Ha! Thanks! smile

Yes, this is a huge step for Lois. She's not only complimenting Clark, but she's basically admitting that she misjudged him in the beginning. It's allowing them to get closer and into a comfortable friendship. For once, Clark's feeling on top of the world! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon