Here, I came back to the boards to see if I could find a nice romantic holiday story and I get hit by a WHAM! I, of course, knew what I was getting into, due to your warning, but how could I resist a Mouse story? I couldn't, because despite the WHAM I knew it would be a good read. And, in that department, I wasn't disappointed.

So much pain all around. Jimmy has certainly waded too deeply in Lois's dark waters (you know, those waters she jumps into without testing first). A bad year? Understatement much? The only thing that could've made it worse was if Jimmy had killed Lois himself. Poor Clark. Horrible year. First he loses Lois, then Jimmy, and now his kids lives are in danger and yet, he still finds a way to be himself.

At first, I thought that Jimmy (after I realized it was Jimmy) had somehow married Lois and these were HIS and Lois's kids he was talking to (ala How I Met Your Mother). And, I thought, "Whoa! Jimmy killed Clark! Did he do that on purpose? Did he win Lois by comforting her after she lost Clark?"

Well written. There is hope there, even if it is only a small pocketful.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.