Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Hmm. Very interesting. I had been thinking that the darkness Clark might embrace was being Nightwing, associate of The Dark Knight and resident of the night in Gotham City. Maybe it was really his own belief that he was immortal, and therefore unable to see a time when he would not exist on Earth. Or that his darkness might be a bit more permanent; i.e., loss of his powers.

I think he should adopt a duckface when fighting criminals and shout "I am the terror that quacks in the night!" when he surprises them.

Or not.

Anyway, this part of the epic tale is nearly done. I wonder how Clark will amicably split from Bruce when the time comes? Surely he'll move to Metropolis soon, where he'll meet the indefatigable Lois Lane and begin sparring with her on a regular basis. Won't that be fun to watch!

Keep it up, DC. This is a very inventive tale, and I'm enjoying each chapter.

Thank you, Terry! The darkness Clark's embraced is not limited to one thing. It's definitely the physical dark - running around as Nightwing in the dead of the night with Batman. But he's also still very much a loner right now, missing the Lois Lane his life requires, so there's a darkness in his heart too.

I think the duckface thing might make it easy to capture criminals. they'd be too busy laughing to fight back! Ha! laugh

So glad you've been enjoying the tale so far. Lois is coming soon, I promise! And I hope you enjoy the other parts to the series as well.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon