Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Oooooh, this has potential! What if someone tried to "help" Clark by exorcising Superman out of him?

EDIT: I just re-read the challenge and realized I was picturing it wrong. It's still awesome to think of someone believing that Superman has disposed of the real Mr. Kent; I may have to ruminate on this...

No! Your original take works too! I think it'd be an awesome fic either way you'd decide to take it... hint hint... This was vaguely inspired by DC's fic "Embracing the Darkness" where I jumped too far down the line in my head to wonder what Chen (or a longlost childhood best friend of Clark's) would think if they met many years into the future, and thought Superman was actually Clark. The glasses thing could trip him too, hence the jump into eek! aliens! territory and the assumption that Clark must be either dead or missing, as the Clark that (Chen) grew up with didn't wear glasses and didn't have powers, so this must be an imposter.

But I'd love a scene where Lois ties her partner Clark to her bed to exercise him... I mean EXORCISE him... *cough* angel-devil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain