Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Woo-hoo! New fic from DC! clap

I'm loving it so far. Poor little Clark, losing both parents like that. Love the inclusion of Chen-- I love it when random side characters can be reworked into a fic. He seems like he's going to be a great lifelong friend to Clark. I'm curious to know if you're going to stick with Clark growing up or jump forward in time... 14 doesn't seem like enough chapters for so much happening!! Love that you landed Clark somewhere safe though, and looking forward to the next chapter as always. clap

Woo-hoo! Mouse feedback! smile

Glad you like it so far. I think it's always fun to throw in nods to the show - little details or obscure characters that show up in a fic. Chen is exactly the kind of friend Clark needs right now and a great way for Clark to feel a certain amount of normalcy returning.

You're right on one thing - 14 chapters is NOT enough chapters to get everything in. So this is the first of a series. I'm not done with the series yet, but aiming for a trilogy. I've got a good portion of the next fic in the series on paper. And it's not enough to accomplish everything I want still. goofy

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon