Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
Well done, I liked how he can intellectually appreciate the nice home for boys and agree to the rules, but still be upset by everything. That's very like real life, I think.

There was one sentence I found awkward to read, where he's thinking about his new hearing power after the wake. "Later, when things had settled down a bit and he'd the chance to think about and test out his newest power." I think maybe the 'and' shouldn't be there or maybe there was more to that sentence? I'm not sure what you intended.

Hi, Puffy! smile Sorry, the line that confused you should have been:

Later, when things had settled down a bit, he'd the chance to think about and test out his newest power. He supposed it should have scared him, at least a little, to find out that there was yet another way in which he was set apart from the rest of the world.

I missed taking the "and" out when I was editing that section. Thanks for catching it! I had more to it but took it out, and forget the "and" in the process.

I think Clark is good at being able to appreciate what he has, even when it's not ideal, or he's hurt or otherwise preoccupied. I think we all have moments like that.

Thanks for stopping in and reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon