Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
I was kinda wondering where you were, DC smile I'm excited to see this, and where it will go. I loved the imagery about Jonathan's hands, it was beautiful. I have similar memories of hanging out with my dad, working on projects and just talking and growing up.

I don't mind stories that get bleak. One of the powerful things about stories is that we can explore our own fears and weaknesses and watch the characters grow through them to become stronger. I love your story Broken for this reason. Seeing characters overcome hardships gives me hope and ideas for overcoming mine.

Thanks, and I'm greatly looking forward to the rest!

Hi! Yeah, I'm been mostly lurking lately. At first, it was the Kerths that sucked me away from here, since we had to start from scratch and learn as we went along. (It took a LOT of LONG nights to get it up and running in such a short time frame.) And then this beast manifested in my mind, basically eating up whatever free time I had. And I'm not even done. Since it's a series, I'm writing the second story now and already thinking about the third!

I'm with you on the bleak stuff. I don't mind it so long as it has a point. And it is fun to explore the characters and ourselves in the process. I'm glad you liked Broken. While it's not borne from personal experience, it was certainly interesting to take a dark turn and spin it, so that it wasn't the "typical" female victim story, and, in fact, was an experience that brought the most powerful man in the world to his knees.

Glad you are enjoying this one and I promise to update soon! (Monday or Tuesday.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon