Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Hey!! First fic here! Congrats! dance

First of all, great story. I like the vagueness of the canon a lot, kind of gives me room to speculate. You still had the Lois and Clark vibe down pat though, and in fact until you mentioned Lori Lemaris (who is a character I actually love and is rarely ever mentioned anymore) I totally was picturing our version of LnC!

This interaction in particular had me grinning:
But I mean, that doesn’t even mean I’m against the idea, I’m sure we’ll have lots of fun! I just…”

“You just don’t like not getting your way,” Clark finished.

Lois looked a bit huffy.
lol #accurate

...although I couldn't believe that Lois wouldn't like the beach until Virginia's comment. dizzy Who doesn't like the beach? (Except for sunburns. Those are bad.)

I love Lois realizing how smokin' Clark is, and thinking that he's "a little fit". clap Perfect.

And the connection to the Marvel-verse Superheroes was great. I do think he and Cap would get along famously, even though he'd also geek out with Parker when he got the chance. You picked the two perfect characters to compare. Even his concern for Jimmy's feelings about being friends with Superman... very on point on so many different levels.

All in all, a perfect summer read. So glad you posted this, and look forward to reading more from you soon! clap

Aw man, I wish I had checked back here sooner. Thanks so much for your feedback! Glad you liked it! grin

Vagueness of canon has its ups and downs, it's fun to incorporate a mixture of different elements from Superman history along with your own interpretations without having to worry about lining up with a single existing vision, but then again it's also nice to have a clear source for concrete and established personalities and histories and trying to work more with what already exists. Both approaches are valuable, I'm glad to hear it worked in this case.