“It was my mom. For as long as I could remember, she devoured the newspaper every day. She also wrote frequent letters to the editor of the Smallville Post.” Clark had smiled. “My dad used to call her a ‘free spirit’. Anyway, one day, a reporter showed up at the door to interview my mom about her blue-ribbon apple pie, but his real motive was to meet that ‘rabble-rouser Kent lady’ his editor was always griping about.

*snort* Classic Martha. That nickname fits. It's probably a large part of why Clark's always so attracted to Lois-- she's not unlike his mama.

but whenever Clark tried to dig for details about how she had broken her stories over the years, she dredged up the same ‘psychic ability’ line. He couldn’t find fault in her for deflecting his questions to protect her sources, though. It was one of the things that made her the best in the business.
*click* Oh. So Clark *does* think she's pulling his leg. Makes much more sense. Little does he know. lol

Lois had been enthralled. She had laughed, looked at everything, exclaimed over each new natural beauty, and had even dared to fly with him side by side instead of cradled in his arms. He’d never flown with anyone that way before, but he knew he loved it.

Aww. Her enthusiasm is infectious even through text. I also like the nod to how Superman flew with Lois in the Reeve/Kidder movies.

“We knew that was a possibility when we agreed to get married. I understand you’re worried, but if this marriage is going to work, you have to trust me.”
shock Uh, Lois... you might have dropped something...

Without looking to ensure their curious colleagues were watching through the conference room windows, Lois grabbed his head with both hands and pulled him into a determined kiss.
drool blush thud Woo-hoo! Boy, I might need to pause for a drink after this scene. *fans self*

She knew Clark had misunderstood her fumbled attempts at sharing her own secret and she knew that she had to come clean soon about her abilities,
Aha. More clarification, got it. Now I'm excited again to see how the real reveal will go.

Very good chapter! I didn't mind the length of it, and I liked having a couple of extra breaks in the scenes. Looking forward to your next installment!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain