Overall, this story is excellent. I can definitely imagine Dean and Teri as the Shadow and Margot.

There are a few little things that made me shake my head, though.

Like this:

“Depress the clutch…”

She interrupted, “Clutch? What’s that?”
I find it hard to believe that Lois, who in LnC canon was born in 1967, had never heard of a clutch. She would have been learning to drive around 1982 - 1983, a time when manual transmissions were still readily available (in fact, my parents didn't buy their first automatic transmission vehicle until 1985, and when I was learning to drive circa 1992 - 1993, they had me practice on their manual transmission vehicles).

Even if Lois had only learned to drive an automatic, she would surely have at least heard of a clutch, especially since she broke a story on a car theft ring in the pilot in 1993 by pretending to be one of the thieves.

Other than that, the story is good and believable, and I like the links to the music. One of my former students from 7 years ago was a fan of music from the 30's and 40's, and also of reprints of comic books from that era, so I sent him a link to this story via Facebook today; if he likes it, maybe he'll come around here and join the boards, or at least let me tell you what he thought.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland