Wow... just wow. That blew up overnight!

Folc- thank you! No matter how strong a person you are, I think dealing with trauma on a daily basis has to make an impact. Even Superman needs a friend to talk to.

Virginia- Yeah, having Lois react with anything but empathy would've been totally out of character. I am tempted to write a companion story from Lois's POV.

Crazy_Babe- I love that connection between them. I love that they were such good friends before they started a romantic relationship, and I especially love the way they gravitate towards each other when they need help or comfort. I tried to capture that here.
PS. Sorry I didn't catch you at the con!

Lynn- Thanks, Lynn! While I like Lois in full on reporter mode, it's fun to write her softer side.

SuperJan- Thank you! You never know, it might get a sequel or a companion story

cuidadora-Thanks! Yeah unusual revelations are fun... sometimes I think the whole 'Lois, I'm Superman' thing is a bit... bald. And Lois too often gets written as angry and almost vengeful when the revelation does finally happen.I liked this version better.
PS. I love my new avatar too! Definitely in my top 4 moments of my life.

Annie- Thank you!

This story was a product of me being overwhelmed myself with some decisions and realisations I'm struggling with to do with my daughter's condition. Thus it's quite close to my heart; I'm so glad you all enjoyed it, and thank you so much for your kind comments.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg