[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Morgana:{/b] Oh boy! Thank you again

[b]Groobie:
Amazing. I am stunned and grateful beyond words

Morgana Could I just name a few people who helped me? KenJ, Anti-K, MikeM, DebbieG and Ms. Janet Owens who talked me off the edge more times than a few. Without there help and the encouragement of many others this would never have happened.

Great Ceremony! Thanks K-Comm!!!

Groobie: Thanks to every author, every reader, and everyone who leaves even one line of feedback.
You all inspire me to write more smile

NK: Congratulations to all the winners, but there is one category left. We had two new authors this past year. Introducing the Best New Author is last year’s winner, Cuidadora.

Cuidadora: It's my pleasure and honor to present the award for Best New Writer this year.

Twenty years after the series, it's amazing and delightful to still have new people joining, and more seasoned ones coming back. Whether you're a newbie or not, you probably share some of the same worries:

Is my work good enough to post?

Will anyone comment on my story?

Will they like it or hate it?

At the same time, there's also the overwhelming pull to tell your story. Maybe you want to fix some plot inconsistencies, or just make a change to one small thing and see what happens. Often the only way to get that plot bunny out of your head is to write your story. And the L&C Boards are very welcoming to new members, whether or not you write stories.

These feelings of ambivalence can continue after the story is posted, including the anticipation as the Kerth Awards Ceremony approaches. On the L&C Boards it's been mentioned that they are like the Academy Awards, including the amazing preparations from the Kerth Committee. Depending upon your point of view, you could see the Kerths as an awards ceremony, or even an election day.

This past year we welcomed two new wonderful writers who are continuing the saga of Lois and Clark, each bringing their own unique spin to the series we all love.

The nominees are:

Suggs_With_A_Box gave us "Election Day," a very different spin on a presidential election and its consequences. An election that had long lasting sinister results.

And Nivafrer wrote "Ambivalence," her own version of what happened during and after the Lois and Clark season one finale. The aftermath of Clark's experience in the cage had long-term repercussions. Both are very powerful, emotional stories that showcase their talents.
And the winner is…

Nivafrer!!! Congratulations!!

[Linked Image]

***Steps away from the microphone***

NK: Unfortunately Nivafrer couldn't be with us tonight, but we'll make sure she gets her award

We want to thank all the authors and readers and everyone that came together to make this possible. Stay tuned for the afterparty on Twitter @kerthawards and tag #KerthAwards2017 or stay in the Kerth Chat Hangouts group. An archive of this ceremony will be made available to those unable to attend by next week.

Thank you, everyone, for your support. We couldn’t have done this without you. Can’t wait to do this all again next year.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube