Welcome back, Mouse. This is a good companion piece to Joan's 'Mirror, Mirror'. The anxiety builds to an scary tipping point. I could see how Clark could get paranoid about this small detail. Such a big difference from the guy who used to heat up his coffee in a full newsroom using his heat vision.

Even without alter-egos, many marriages die in this manner as one person slips further and further away from the rest of the family. I could feel Lois's pain. She loved her husband and he was disappearing. I'm glad she took the time to show him how he wasn't saving them from anything other than Clark Kent. Comparing himself to Sam Lane, must have hurt. He didn't want to be that kind of dad.

Their daughter was right. He had become an Agoraphobic. He demonstrated that when he left through the front door for the first time in long time. Even forgetting that Clark wore glasses. jawdrop

Did he really out himself at 50? eek That seems a bit young and extreme, because doing so he also outed his children. The next generation of Kents would suddenly be public domain and would never be able to have private lives of their own. Isn't that one of things Clark's secret identity was supposed to protect? I guess I'm in the camp that believes that the Kent family could come up with a better way to explain their apparent age differences until another answer could be found.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.