Yeah. If I recall way back to 1994-1995, there wasn't much to the intranet. Encyclopedias, like Encarta, were on CD-Rom, not online. I still did most of my research (I was writing Regency Fiction at the time) offline in libraries (you know, those things with lots of paper books), rather than online. I didn't really start doing much research online until I started writing L&C Fanfic. LOL. I did some shopping online, but not research. Even Lois when she's shopping at the end of S1, it's via catalog. The first version of the WWW released in 1994 was mostly used for email and not much else. Even phone books were limited online. I doubt there was much research done online until at least S4, if not beyond.

Amazon.com was established in 1994, and online by 1995, but I was a Bricks & Mortar book buyer back then (even now, I probably won't buy something online unless I know I've looked at it in my hand first, or know the author... like JK Rowling.)

EDIT: I didn't online shop at the beginning because unless you knew the company, who knew who could be stealing your credit card information. I could see Jimmy not thinking about this, but I'm sure Lois and Clark would. Clark would be especially scared of identity thieves. So, while the WWW was around in 1994-95, it took a few years before the general public trusted it enough to use it.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 03/04/17 07:27 PM. Reason: clarification

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.