Hi FoLCs!

Out of nowhere (well, it happened while reading Vicki's latest story but that's more an evil coincidence than related to the actual plot, but I'm digressing) I got the following idea:

What if Clark got hold of a time device and and uses it to reset mishaps such as Lois discovering his secret, or Lois accidentally dying during her stories or getting killed by one of the bad guys, and Clark using the time device to reset the timeline so he can prevent said mishaps.

LOIS: Me dying is a mishap? cat Wait, what secret? wildguy

Anyway, moving on, what happens if Clark does that? Some of those would be pretty selfish, akin to the amnesia kiss from Superman II. Others, like rescuing Lois, are probably less objectionable, but messing with the timeline is still a bad (TM) thing. It might even have consequences for the rest of the gang, like messing up Jimmy's love life, causing Cat to not have a steady boyfriend, getting Lex killed during the aborted wedding, such things...

Why would he do it? Besides the obvious, that is. How would he do it? How often?

I'm, thinking more along the lines of a goofy comedy, not a tearjerker with lot's of drama. Well, aside from his pain when Lois dies or he realizes he just cost Jimmy his next girlfriend. But...Lois!

On a related note, it might have started with an accident where Clark got merged with Tempus, or Andrus. Probably Andrus since that stooge wasn't a really evil person, just a misguided bureaucrat.

Yeah, so...that's it. What do you guys think? huh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.