I did not get into the story with the first chapter and had decided not to read the story but someone (snicker, snicker) poked me to read it and so I just read the second chapter. I think I can see where you are heading with the story now and for some reason it resonates with me more now. I will give it more time and see where you take it.

I love the reasoning Clark used in deciding how to deal with the bugs. I wonder how Clark will track down the source of the bugs without some technological input from Jimmy or someone like him. In 1993 wireless technology was in it's infancy so either the bugs had to be wired which you did not mention or have a receiving station very close to Clark's apartment. It will be interesting to see what/how he does it.

Part of it not resonating at first is that I never have been a Lex Luthor fan and arc where he dates/almost marries Lois turned me off back in 1993 when I first watched it. Lois Lane is much too smart for that but it is canon in the L&C universe so we will always have bunches of stories in this vein.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham