Okay...it's about time you get my juices flowing again. The angst is back and I'm looking forward to finding out just where Lois and Clark run away to.
You'll soon find out, Sheila. wink

I generally find it very hard to take much of an interest in other people than Lois and Clark when I'm reading Lois and Clark fanfiction, but Pete and Elle are slowly - mind you, slowly - growing on me.
Thanks, Ann!! That's a huge compliment. smile1

This was my favorite part in this post. I love the description of Clark’s soaring feeling at the onset of the kiss, and then the terrible sinking feeling when she moves away from him. The lines are so skillfully delivered; I am simply in awe. The amount of feeling you are able to convey in under 100 words is amazing.
Em? I've told you I love you, right? goofy I'm *so* glad you loved this passage because it was one I wrote, but I didn't have much else to put around it, and I had to fight to keep it in there. I'm glad it was worth it! smile

Aside from the way it was written, the post also again touches on one of the central themes of the story: the damage to Clark’s (and Lois’) souls. He still can’t quite believe that he has a chance to be happy.
I love that last line... really... do you mind if I use it? I'm not sure where - maybe in the archive summary or somewhere in the story. I'll credit, of course, if I use it. But wow... that's really the whole crux of Clark's journey...

But, in Lois’ POV she is fully focused on how they can escape. This is a great illustration of the fact that our perceptions of people’s motives and reasons for doing what they do are not always accurate.
Thanks for noticing that aspect! smile

Thank you Sheila, Ann, and Em for the terrific feedback!!! notworthy

And since I shamefully forgot to mention it earlier, I'd like to thank Wendy for her gracious help tweaking a few things on this part, as well as for the advice. wink Thanks! sloppy

Part 26 up soon!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.