Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Argh! The whiplash! Poor Lois! Poor Clark! Poor Lanes as I'm sure Tempos will attack before the wedding. And knowing Luthor, why should he protect them before then... or afterwards? Then again, if his ego is so huge, it wouldn't look good if he let the family of his beloved to die because of the expense. I *could* see him sacrificing the life of the head of the stables though. Especially since the man has been known to spend evening hours alone with Lois in the privacy of his bedchamber.

Oh, what a kiss! *Dreamy* Oh, Clark is not going to be happy to hear of Lois's grand news despite knowing it was a foregone conclusion prior to becoming a slave. Still... Let's hope he hasn't heard of the Japanese grand art of harakiri. (Sorry, after he cut himself with the knife, it came to my mind.)

Then, again, I also am reminded of Buttercup's proposed sacrifice on her so-called wedding day to Prince Humperdink. No, no. I'm hoping no Romeo-Juliet solution to the Clark-Lois dilemma. At least they have 3 months to come up with a solution that will either make Lois as poor as a farmer's wife (or that of a horse master) or make Clark richer than a Luthor.

France. France sounds good. They could still run off to France, right? *shakes head* Nope. I can't see a solution. How will ye give a happy ending, fair DC?

Hi, Virginia! wave

Glad you liked the kiss. It's hard to imagine a first (real) kiss for them not being dreamy.

Clark is NOT going to take the engagement news well, I can assure you. But he certainly won't be ritualistically killing himself. wink

Lex is so blind he has no idea that Lois is all cozy with the stable master. HIs ego doesn't allow him to think that a "slave" could be anything more than just "the help." (Lucky for Lois and Clark both!)

I haven't seen The Princess Bride in years! And I've only seen it fully once, back when I was first dating my husband. I thought it was cute, but it's never been something I've actively sought out to watch. Yeah, I know, that makes me a heretic in some circles. wink

France might sound tempting but...my evil muse said no. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon