I realized the end of this section might be confusing and some author notes/backstory might be in order.

My muse started telling me that there was no way the Mamba could have created Kryptonian clones and not have them die a horrible death.

The solution: Jor-El was a sneaky fellow and sent more than just Kal-El to Earth for safekeeping. Only the other two babies were shipped in stasis canisters. The canisters were 'acquired' by persons unknown and kept in storage. They finally came into Mamba's posession. When Luthor demanded that 2 A-type clones be made, Mamba, knowing he couldn't do it the way he claimed, forced the two Kyptonian babies into maturity using the technology he'd developed for clones.

Jor-El's sneakiness extended to his 'nephew' Ching. Once Kal-El's fate was determined, Ching's legitimacy as an heir of the House of El was confirmed and the possible existence of the other two babies was revealed. devilsplat

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm