Hi Virginia. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
It does beg the question 'why' he didn't do so in canon, because he asked their advice on every other aspect of his life since moving to Metropolis! After Lois's rebuttal, he really did need some love to build up his self-confidence.

The cynic or maybe pragmatist in me says he didn't seek Martha and Jonathan's advice because Lois would not have ended up running to Lex Luthor after feeling she had no other options. And anything else didn't fit into the canon timeline. I have trouble thinking he was too upset to go home and seek comfort.

Yes, he needed love and probably some Mom and Dad hugs. Can't get too many of those!

First of all, WE all know that Lois only got the job at LNN because of Lex. On the other hand, isn't it a tad bit cruel to imply to Lois the truth of that statement. SHE thinks she got the job on her merits as a reporter, not as the boss's fiancee.

You're right; we do know differently than Lois. So does Clark. Clark is starting to lose his control, and lets this slip out. He's trying to guide her to see how her life is being manipulated without directly saying "Lois you're being used." And sometimes even Superman isn't perfect.

Yeah, Lois. Why are these concerns about Luthor more viable if Superman tells you about them than if Clark does? You know that they're the same guy! Ooops. You don't? My bad.

lol Yup. He's trying to justify for not telling Lois as Superman what's going on, and we all know how poor his excuses can be.

Saved by the "help!" Wonder what Lois will decide now?

whistle

Thanks for commenting!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly