I'm working on a fic to try and appeal to the hopeful Sam Lane in Requiem for a Superhero, but I'm hitting a brick wall because I'm not sure how much to trust of what Lois says. For example, she tells Clark that Sam, yet she's been to the gym with him enough to have known Allie almost her entire life. Sam admits he put his work over his family, but the depiction Lois seemed to have gotten was that he just didn't care. I know there are other factors involved, and there was still an evident issue there, but I can't help wondering whether this lessens her credibility somewhat.

Another factor here is Paul Bender. Lois tells Clark she was dating him, but Linda comes out and says she's exaggerating. What was her relationship with Paul? Was it something that would give her the right to feel betrayed by him, or was it just Linda?

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."