Originally Posted by LMA
To the L&C Costume Department: notworthy hail notworthy.

Very much enjoyed this chapter. I've been really liking how you write Perry...and the relationship that is already developing between him and Clark. He definitely 'got' Clark there for a minute lol. And I got a kick how Clark turned around and tried the same trick on Lois rotflol.

The switches--to having the Suit created at Clark's apartment (instead of in Smallville) and then Lois meeting Clark's parents during a random stop-by (instead of also in Smallville)--were great. It would be so awkward to 'meet the parents'...early in the morning...while stopping at your new boyfriend's house...wearing sweaty jogging clothes blush shock laugh, but I think as well as it went, really, is a testament to the comfort this Lois and Clark have in themselves and also each other. And she's heading back over for dinner tonight clap.

My husband met my parents for the first time about a month after we started dating. But, boy, we sure 'welcomed' him into the family when he met them, LOL grin. My family (and father's extended large family) love to deer hunt. Early December, each year, the whole family go down and stay together at my grandparents farm for the weekend (during hunting season). And let me repeat: whole family thumbsup. Well...my husband loved to deer hunt...and Laura thought 'what perfect timing'... smile. Hubby met my parents, and sister, literally, in the garage as everyone was bringing in their overnight bags. It was so cold--and then so warm in the garage--that both of my parents glasses had fogged over, blinding them momentarily, when hubby walked over to shake their hands. Then...we--me, sister, mom, dad, hubby, and about 25 family members, proceeded to camp out all together in bedrooms, on sofas, on roll-away beds, and on sleeping bags for the next two nights laugh. Yep...hubby saw my parents in their pjs about an hour after meeting them blush.

Amazingly, and probably surprisingly, it was not an awkward weekend. Everything clicked. Especially my dad (who never had a son) and the hubby. They spent the whole weekend walking through the farm fields, talking, hunting a little bit, and becoming friends. Hubby and me joked--afterwards on the drive home--that everything (family-wise) would be cake from then on out wink.

How much snow did you end up with DC? It's been amazing watching the totals come in (from landlocked here in the center of the country). The most snow I can remember in a storm--around here--was about a foot. It'd be (kinda ) interesting to experience a BIG snowstorm (once wink ).

Laura

Glad you liked it! Perry can be a lot of fun to write - particularly when he's either in the know about Clark or when he's being playful. I liked getting the chance to let Clark trick/play with Lois too.

Poor Lois, but she kind of deserved what she got, right? She should have called ahead. Oh well. At least the introductions are over, right?

My husband met my mom the morning of our first date. We were supposed to go to the zoo but it looked like rain, so he came in so we could figure out what we wanted to do. (We went and the day turned out gorgeous.) My sister worked membership at the zoo at that time, so we ran into her near the elephant house. And when my husband brought me home, my dad was home and showed my husband a shortcut to get over the bridge back to his own house. Poor guy was slightly overwhelmed - thank God he stuck around!

Snow wasn't bad here. I'm up near Hartford. We got a couple of inches - just enough to cover my ankles. My poor Bronx friends/family got walloped though! Not like a couple of years ago when we got 32 inches!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon