Originally Posted by LMA
That in-between time after college but before your life really gets going...Boy, I still, so very easily, can remember how nerve wracking it was. How many questions I had. How confused I was. You really captured just what 'life' is at that moment clap.

I grew up in a small town, too...kinda Smallville-ish. So relatable how Clark just knew, deep down, that his place wasn't there anymore. That desire to 'get out'--it's overwhelming at that age. I had my heart set on Chicago...and I ended up about as far from there as possible smile. In a bigger city (way bigger than where I grew up) but only about an hour away from home. But now, with hindsight--and a lot of growing up--I found exactly deep in my heart what I had always wanted. Everything worked out perfectly. Back then...back as college was ending, I don't think I would have ever been able to guess the path that would take me here.

Clark's quest...to get out of that small-town life, go to a big city, work his dream job, meet someone...finally, really, feel like he fits in. It's what drew me into the show as a teen. It's what I related to. It's, at the time, exactly what I was wanting to achieve. You've done a spectacular job of diving into that. Showcasing Clark's journey. Revealing his doubts.

You've created a great foundation for Clark to set foot into the world smile.

Awesome!
Laura

Yeah, I had 8 months of that "in-between" stage - I graduated a semester early so all my friends were still in school and I had no job/health insurance (not good being an asthmatic!!!). It was a terrifying and depressing time.

It's amazing, how differently our lives can turn out. I'm born and raised in the Bronx, NY and never intended to leave. Now I live in another state completely, because it was the best way for my husband and I to be able to afford a house and have a family. I like where we are now, but I do miss the old stomping grounds/being close to everyone.

Glad you are enjoying this tale!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon