I was thrilled to see you post, and very excited to read the ending...

And, after reading all the feedback, I have to agree with Lynn. The epilogue wasn't what I expected either. BUT--thinking about it for a bit--I don't think what I was picturing could have been realistic.

I don't know why (habit maybe? wallbash grin ), but in my mind, when I was looking forward to reading this posting, I was picturing a fast-forward to almost 'a day in the life' of work at the Planet. Clark, practically back to normal. Lois...somehow back, partnered with Clark at the newspaper. James...hmm, not sure 'where' I put him, but probably not at the DP, but at the Foundation. Perry...being Perry, running the show. Very much like pre-article--besides James, obviously, having moved on in his career.

But know what? I am so glad that I was wrong!

My ramblings above make no sense...not after everything that has happened. You don't 'go back'--have 'normal' again--after having the confusion, the heartache, the betrayal, and the pain of that article. After experiencing--living--those months, you can't not carry them with you.

Hopefully, when you have one of those 'moments' in life that changes you, you grow. You learn. You move forward...better, smarter, wiser. You showed us that that has happened.

I love how you didn't give us a standard type of ending. Things aren't the same...therefore the end can't get us to what is normally 'Lois & Clark'. You've shown us--completely--the cause and effect of people's choices. And I really admire how you stuck to that throughout the story.

You brought everyone back together--Lois, Clark, Jimmy, and Perry are okay. And I'm sure, with time, they will become every bit as close as they were before all of this happened.

And...based on what we've learned from these characters...they'll all be stronger for having gone through this--together smile.

Awesome job--such a privilege to read!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~