Thanks for explaining your absence and the arrival of Mrs. Clark. smile Wow, that's some backstory!

Things are certainly progressing quickly between Cedric and Lavinia. Now, that Lavinia has shared her secret with Cedric, he's going to feel extra guilty about not sharing his with her. It's probably for the best because telling her would only put her in danger (because she'd want to help). Then, again, NOT telling her will only mean she'll figure it out on her own by following him and she'll end up in even more danger (and so will he, once she gets her hands on him).

I was sure Lucius was going to walk in on their tryst and Cedric would end up in some dungeon. I don't know where Lucius would get a dungeon, but that seems like a good place for Lucius to throw him. Would Lucius be as supportive of Lavinia had she confided in him that she had been seduced (or almost so) by Claude. I'm thinking 'no'.

HAD she been seduced by Claude and able to keep it quiet? If so, that could be a serious smirch on a young lady's reputation and enough to ruin her honor for the rest of her life, if that was ever revealed (and not already married to a decent man who loved her, like Cedric).

Where shall our young lovers (people in love, that is) go from here?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.