Okay I've been up way too many hours now... but I'm going insane. My brain has lost a word (or I suppose it's possible no words exist for this description but I wouldn't put it past me that I lost the word). Here's the description of what I want to capture:

That moment when you're talking with someone and they say something stupid/crazy and your eyebrows raise and you kind of smile politely and your eyes go wide and it's something that feels like it should be an eyeroll but that would be rude to the other person. It's the I-just-realized-how-crazy-you-are-how-do-I-get-out-of-this-conversation look, or the this-was-explained-thirty-times-already-why-are-you-still-asking-about-it look.

That's it. That's all the words I have for that look/feeling. mecry Literally none of the words I am coming up with even come close to what I want to say with that. wallbash

Anybody have some sort of suggestion, or at least a creative way to handle that? Or, if there is a word for it and I'm just missing it, you can give *me* that look as you think to yourself Mouse-is-crazy-she-needs-some-sleep-or-possibly-medical-attention. goofy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain