Very sweet. We've all had bad days like that and wish they could end so nicely.

I'm a bit surprised that Superman didn't spend a minute with Clark in Kansas and explain what was going on before he kidnapped him and left him on Lois's doorstep. Then, again, Clark's a smart fellow, perhaps he figured it out all on his own. wink

Poor Lois, to get a wasp sting when all one wanted to do was collapse and have the misery end.

Just then his hearing kicked in, tuned to a familiar voice. “That’s it! You are dead meat, buster! Just because I left the window cracked does not give you the right to invade my home. You picked the wrong place and the wrong girl, and definitely the wrong day, and now you’re going to get it!”

Not waiting to x-ray her apartment, Clark changed direction and rocketed to Lois’s rescue. As he pulled the window wider, he heard a thwack and a crash, then Lois let out a scream and a “Son of a—Where did you go? Come back here, you—“

Clark landed directly in front of Lois and quickly surveyed the scene. Lois stared at him wide-eyed, a kitchen towel in one hand and an angry red welt beginning to rise on the back of the other. A puddle of water was spreading around the shards of glass that were the remnants of Lois’s coffee pot. The coffee machine itself lay on the floor in the middle of the mess. A fast scan of the apartment revealed Lois’s bag and a pair of pumps on the floor near her front door and an open pizza box on her kitchen table next to a paper towel, which acted as a plate for one of the pizza slices. A paperback book lay on the floor at the bottom of a small waterfall of cream soda that trickled off the table. There was, however, no sign of an intruder.
rotflol rotflol rotflol Too funny, especially since we were in the know.

He turned back to Lois. “The villain is vanquished, my lady,” he said with a smile and a courtly bow.

But Lois didn’t smile at his corny joke. To his consternation, he saw her face begin to crumple before she bit her lip and took a ragged breath, obviously trying to hold back tears.

Clark frowned and stepped closer to her, the hand actually grasping her shoulder this time. “Lois? What’s the matter?” She blinked at him once or twice, but didn’t answer.
Oh, dear. Lois is past humor, or perchance she just did not expect it from these quarters.

She wouldn’t cry. She wouldn’t. Especially not in front of Superman. There was nothing to cry about, anyway. It had just been a bad day. A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, that was all. She could really use a hot bath and a good night’s sleep. And Clark. Oh, how she would love a hug from her friend right now! But Clark wasn’t here, and he wouldn’t be there tomorrow, either, so she’d have to muddle through without him.
Awwwww. And YES HE IS!!!!

Superman’s deep voice rumbled down at her. “Here, Lois,” he said, leading her to the living room.
See!

She shrugged and added with a wry half-smile, “Not unless you can make Clark magically appear.”
Has that partner of yours gone off and gotten himself killed, AGAIN?! /cue eye-roll from Superman/

Then she saw his reflection in the darkened window. He met her eyes in the glass, and she new.
Pssst. [Linked Image] knew.

“Oh, Clark!” she breathed. “I love you so much! It was such a rotten day, and by the end of it, all I wanted was you.”

He kissed her again, tenderly this time, and held her close.

“Well, here I am, and I always will be, for as long as you want me.”

“That could be a very long time,” she warned him.

She heard his sigh in her ear as he hugged her even closer. “I sure hope so,” was all he said.
Such sweetness. Terrific ending. Loved it! clap

Thank you for this smile. I hope your son is feeling better.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.