I had some issues with the search page not finding the stories I was looking for and this discussion is the result. My earlier post isn't necessary so I'm turning this into a general discussion about searches on the site.

These are the relevant points from the earlier post.

Why wouldn't I just look in the Archive for old stories? (www.lcfanfic.com for anyone not familiar)

• Well not every story is posted to the Archive for one thing. Not every story is finished for a variety of reasons. And, finished or not, a lot of those stories are worth reading and discussing, which is the purpose of the forum.
  • The message board is sorted by the age of the POST, not the age of the story. For example, before Marcus Rowland's recent post on "Aussie Rules" by Female Hawk, that story would have been deep in the archive. Now it's near the top. Old stories with new posts float to the top, which is great for discussions, but don't expect to always find posts in the same place.

I think would be really cool if a lot of people were to read older stories and YOU made those comments that moved them up in the list. It would also encourage the authors of those stories. It might even inspire some of those authors to write new stories. And I think it would be really cool for someone who hasn't been around for a while to poke their head in and find new feedback on one of their stories.

Last edited by Shallowford; 09/26/15 09:14 AM. Reason: Lights went on

Shallowford