I can completely testify to the FoLC's being a welcoming group. I'm fairly new...well, the 'newest' of the three of us on this thread anyway wink.

I've been a fan of the show since the beginning--my awkward teenage self sitting (giddy) in front of the tv the night the Pilot aired.

I loved the show for the four years that it was on, always trying to 'recruit' friends/family into becoming anywhere near as obsessed as I was about it. I must not have done a good job--the only one drafted into my 'group' was my mother, LOL grin.

Anyway...I loved it (the show) basically by myself.

And it stayed that way, pretty much till 2012 shock.

L&C was my comfort throughout those years--what I would turn on when I needed something constant, something reassuring. A way to escape into a world, escape into a love triangle that I found captivating love.

But then, something amazing happened. Those little things called Smartphones came into being hyper jump. (Yes--I know that they were around before 2012, but the combination of me having a Smartphone was not thumbsup ).

And, at this time, I just happened to be living in a new state, far from 'home', with two very little kids, and a husband who was traveling (a *lot*) for work. Point blank--I was lonely.

Point blank--I suddenly had a very convenient way to look (to read, to swoon) over the stories on the L&C Archive (that I had just discovered).

And a way to easily read currently posted stories here, on the boards (that I found, thanks to discovering the link on the Archive wink ).

I read (and read, and read.....yeah...and read grin) for about a year.

And then--hold onto your seats--in September of 2013 we got an iPad party.

Grand scheme of things...it probably was not that big of a deal, true. But prior to getting it, we had a fairly outdated desktop computer. Set up no where close to where me and the kiddos 'lived' in our house during the day.

Suddenly, there was portable reading--and also typing thumbsup. Suddenly these message boards were an option.

I've been actively posting for two years now. Can not believe how fast the time has gone shock! I started typing on here, initially, to talk about L&C--about a show that I've loved for as long as I can remember.

What I didn't count on, was making friends clap / grin / hyper. (And right when I needed them the most).

This place...it's truely a wonderful place to hang out. Everyone has always been so welcoming, and right from the beginning.

I've tried to describe it here to my husband--who doesn't really 'get' the show, why I love it so much. I tell him it's like reading a book with a bunch of your friends (the posted stories). It's like an online book club, based fully on your favorite subject, where you all read a story together, enjoy it together, discuss it together.

I tell him I am so thankful that I found these boards.

Please, if you have even an inkling of a thought of wanting to post, do it. Keep doing it. Make yourself at home. You will be so glad that you did. Trust me, I am smile.

And, it will mean a ton to the people writing all of these stories that we love.
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 09/21/15 07:38 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~